Monday morning, 10 a.m. Kiev time (3 a.m. EST) is the big moment. We've heard stories of first appointments that go well and some that go very poorly. In some ways, it all depends on "luck"- which children who meet our criteria are available at that moment. It's hard to see how God is in control sometimes. The journey here has been long and challenging, and when so much rides on the decisions and moods of a mid-level bureaucrat, doubt is a familiar companion. I know that the heart of a king is like water in the Lord's hand (Prov 21:1), but the Bible says nothing about red tape :-/
Seriously, though, I don't think I ever doubt God's power and sovereignty in this situation (or any situation, for that matter). Where I stumble is in trusting that his purposes are the best for us and will ultimately be for our greatest joy. In talking with a couple who has been repeatedly frustrated in their efforts to adopt here, I'm amazed by their trust that God is working out a good and perfect plan in the midst of their circumstances. I guess I pray that we could have that same faith.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...