Friday, March 30, 2012

Sounds Familiar...

Rob here.
It's been a busy season, and I haven't devoted any time to writing blog posts lately. April, on the other hand, is trying to hijack this space and convert it into a full-fledged mommy blog. Don't get me wrong, she's got some great stuff here (as many thankful jiaozi eaters will attest). But I feel like I should at least put a few words in :)
Fortunately, I prepared a few lists back in December, planning to post one every few days. I got as far as one. Here's list number two. I give you:

Things I Say to My Kids that I Can Also Imagine God Saying to Me:
-When will you realize that when you don’t listen to me, you get hurt?
-I’ll be back very soon.
-You have no idea how much I love you.
-It's OK to cry, you don't even need a reason.
-I'm disciplining you because I want to help you become a much better person.
-Do you really think I don’t know what you’re doing?
-Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
-I'm not going to stop you, but I know this is going to end poorly!
-I like it when you try to be just like me.
-This is one of those times you need to sit and listen to me.
-You have grown so much!
-My instructions were very clear, and I know you heard me. What happened?
-You can't do everything I can do, and that's OK.
-I know this hurts, but it’s going to make you feel better, I promise.
-Stop whining.
-Be nice to your brother (or sister).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...