People make you meals. Thank you 'people' - thank you, thank you!!!
It's like having a personal chef, or so I imagine, because I've never had a personal chef. Actually, I'm going to UP that last statement and say it's BETTER than having a personal chef! Because, these kind people do all the work and buy all the ingredients for you. You aren't charged anything.
I remember one night, they mixed up the schedule and two people brought us meals. It was awesome.
Curiously enough, in the middle of the free food extravaganza, Rob lost 20 lbs. I still don't completely understand this. I guess whenever he finally had a chance to eat, he chose to sleep. Those were some hard days.
We had so much leftover food that we started freezing portions of it. I hate seeing food wasted, so I'd ask Rob to inventory our food supply. If anything was nearing the one week mark, we'd stick it in our itty-bitty freezer. I guess I should have also been directing Rob to put bites of that food into his mouth and chew.
Here are some of the food items that I remember:
-Chili with tortilla chips and cheese (IMPORTED chips and cheese - wow!)
-calzones (one of Rob's favorite meals, next to pizza)
-Stews (lots of veggies & good healthy stuff)
-cream cheese chicken with rice (anything cheesy is highly prized over here)
-Chinese food (homemade by sweet ayi's)
-curry with tofu (Rob & Cosi were so happy to get tofu, b/c I don't usually cook with it)
-ratatouille with crusty bread (how do you spell that?)
-homemade chicken soup (a BIG pot)
-stuffed bell peppers (not just the green ones, but red & yellow peppers too)
-money for us to order food (one of my favorites - I will always believe gift cards are the best gift)
-a pizza from a local restaurant (brought over by our friend!)
I'm getting hungry just typing all that stuff.
Okay, now it's somebody else's turn to have a baby. I'm ready to cook again :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...