650am- woke up 10 minutes before my alarm, decided to turn it off so the kids could sleep in a bit. Realized I had never set my alarm. Disaster averted.
720am- blogged on yesterday while munching on Lucky Charms. April made sure I had happy cereal for while she was gone.
730am- Cosi awake, and on my lap, wanting to snuggle.
745am- Cosi's breakfast is ready, my guitar and music is in the car, ready for church, and it's time to wake up Trey. I text a reminder to Randy, my pastor, making sure he knows not to pick me up this morning. I see him sitting outside in is truck, looking at his messages. Oops.
800am- I wake Trey up and put him directly in front of his breakfast bagel and an episode of Little Einsteins. He has nothing to complain about.
801am- Trey wants breadsticks from last night, not bagel.
802am- My intention of teaching my son to eat healthy food this week bends, buckles, and breaks. He gets breadsticks for breakfast.
810am- Time to get Cosi dressed for church. She freaks out at my selection of a dress. Breakdown ensues. She asks for a compromise and is allowed to wear a different dress of my choosing and in return, I allow her to wear her ill-fitting ruby slippers. She's content with my second choice of a dress.
825am- When Trey declares HIS unwillingness to get dressed and enforces that stance with a screaming plea of "Cosi! Help me! Daddy GOT me!!!" Then I start to think I should have taken this week off from work at the church.
845am- 2 crying kids, 2 sippy cups of OJ, 2 packs of fruit snacks and one tired daddy head out to the car.
9am- We arrive at church and a blessed angel (Holly C.) is waiting in the nursery to watch the kids. I head over to band rehearsal.
915am- My tuner and capos are not in my guitar case. That will require some adjustment...
915-1015am- Worship team practice. So peaceful. They sounded great today.
1030am-12noon- Sunday worship. Oh, the tranquility. Pianos could have fallen from the ceiling and I would still find it more peaceful than how the morning had been going at home.
1205pm- Gather the kids. Cosi is trying to have John Frame teach her how to wind up a yo-yo. Trey thinks the art project in Cosi's classroom looks like cookies.
1220pm- Wee-wee-wee, all the way home. I heat up leftover pizza for Cosi and me. Trey gets chicken and sweet potato fries.
1235pm- Trey wants breadsticks instead. I hold firm. He eventually eats chicken.
1255pm- Last second look at my fantasy football team.
1pm- The kids are tearing down and rebuilding their "Christmas tree," though with slightly less cooperation than they used the other night.
2pm- While I'm doing dishes and other housework, the kids are playing nice. Then they get quiet. The I hear water running. I go into their room and they have the lid to their doctor kit overturned on the floor and filled with water. They're seeing what toys float and what toys sink. They call it "an experiment." I don't know how to react. Pride and frustration battle for expression.
2-3pm- I spend almost an hour cleaning up the experiment. The lid wasn't water tight, which is why they had to keep adding water. Which is why their floor was soaked.
3pm- Kids are playing outside, so I head out to the patio to keep an eye on them. I end up shelling pistachios with help from Trey. I catch a lizard in a bucket for Cosi- the crowd goes wild.
330pm- Trey insists he wants apple juice, but we're fresh out. He doesn't want orange juice. But we DO have a bag of apples and a blender. By the time I'm done, Trey has changed his mind, now he only wants orange juice. Cosi, however, enjoys the homemade applesauce.
430pm- Trey declares that he wants a bath- a flimsy excuse to continue the experiment of floating toys.
5pm- Cosi wants a bath, and Trey informs me that he wants to brush his teeth and go to sleep. Say WHAT?
515pm- Getting Trey into his PJs, I notice large bumps all over his legs. Bug bites? Hives? Benadryll!
550pm- Trey fills up his belly and falls asleep as I brush his teeth.
600pm- Trey is asleep. Choirs of angles sing.
620pm- Cosi disappears from the dinner table while I'm refilling her drink. I find her curled up in the bed, almost asleep. All she needs is her stuffed rabbit and then she's out. Were people praying that the kids would fall asleep early so I could take an exam?
7-10pm- Took an exam and had dinner. Kids slept through it all.
to be continued...
Monday, December 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...