Full update later- I'm exhausted. US Consulate appointment tomorrow at 1030. Should be home Saturday! (Apparently unable to write complete sentences...intriguing.)
Here are a few unedited videos. Cosi wasn't too into any of these, which is funny because they represent the only times she has been quiet since leaving the orphanage (except for those few hours of sleep, which I wasn't privileged to share...)
This is Cosi dressed in new clothes and leaving the orphanage for our last-minute dash to the train station:
And this is on the train:
And finally, our first meal in Kiev:
She's finally asleep, and I keep doing the paranoid "go to the door and listen for breathing every ten minutes" thing. The floors in this apartment creak so loudly, that I'm worried I'll wake her up, though.
And every now and then I have one of those "Holy frijoles, that's MY daughter!" moments.
And the cynical side of me still expects that someone will try to take her from me at the airport because I didn't get a certain form filled out in the correct color ink or something.
OK, back to filling out those immigration forms...
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so happy to see you guys together. on a train. at mcdonalds. on your way *home.* praying for your flight out and home for the super bowl. Home stretch. love you guys, e
ReplyDeleteThe comment about the soda not making it to the table is hilarious. Welcome to parenthood!
ReplyDelete