Here's Rob and Cosi arriving at the airport. The footage is a little rough- we were going for a Blair Witch Project style of filming, I think. In the background, you can hear Rob commenting that we almost didn't make our connecting flight. Long story short, we were delayed 30 minutes at passport control in Kiev but ultimately allowed through, then our flight was 45 minutes late, making our 1 hour layover in Frankfurt pretty close. Rob was running through the Frankfurt airport and Cosi just was laughing at how silly Daddy acts when he is panicked. Many stories from the trip home, but I will say that God provided a few wonderful strangers throughout the trip who made it bearable. And I still feel bad for that poor lady with the tomato juice sitting next to Cosi...
And here's Cosi at April's parents' house today, right after she learned to somersault. She loves all the attention she's getting, and she's doing pretty well with her cousins- better than we expected, I think. She slept really well last night and seems pretty happy being here. There is still a bit of stuff to hammer out (getting an American passport, etc.), but the tough part is behind us. All that's really left now is parenting, which is easy, right?
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im all tears. I love Rob's comment at the end of the video "i almost didn't make it". Isn't that true of all of us regarding so many many things in life. We almost don't make it through lots of things but God helps us make it and I know God was with them helping them make it home!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat somersaults! Audra
hooray, hooray!
ReplyDeleteoverflowing with joy and thanksgiving on your behalf. :)
I think it's time to get her into some gymnastics!
ReplyDeleteSuch a happy reunion:) The title of your blog is just perfect, "The Wonder if it All!" Amazing story!