Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cosi & the Pictures

Well, the plan was to wait until tomorrow morning at 5:30am to talk to Rob again. He eats lunch at a place that has internet, so he can use Skype to call me for free. But, I couldn't wait for free. I decided to call him for just a few minutes :)

Rob told me about his afternoon at the orphanage. He printed out 3 pictures of me to show Cosi. Cosi got really excited when she saw them and immediately started putting the pictures up to her cheek and stroking them. But - less than a minute later, she started crying (deep, heart-breaking sobs like Rob has never heard from her before). She kept looking at the pictures, babbling and crying. Rob didn't know what to do, so he started to take the pictures away (thinking that they were upsetting her). Then, her sobs got louder and she wouldn't let him put the pictures away. She reached for the pictures, kept looking at them and kept crying. So, Rob just held her and let her cry. He's pretty good at this, because he has had a lot of practice holding me when I cry!

Of course after hearing that, I'm crying. I'm so worried that she thinks I've abandoned her. We can't even tell her that she'll see me again (& hopefully soon), because she doesn't understand Ukrainian or English. Please pray for our little girl's heart. Pray that God would supernaturally comfort her and that she wouldn't think her new mother abandoned her.

2 comments:

  1. Praying with and for you guys! My heart aches for all of you.... Been checking this blog multiple times a day for news!
    May God be merciful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying, friends, and asking God to give all 3 of you peace and strength....all we can think is how Cosi will hopefully one day read this blog and look back on this time as a picture of God's pursuit and love as reflected in her parent's perseverance and commitment to bringing their little girl home!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...