Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Final Countdown (by April)
























Hello 9th month of pregnancy! And (hopefully soon) I will be wishing you Goodbye!
How you have changed me, 9th month....

-Carpal tunnel syndrome for pregnant women? who knew? But now, I'm reminded of it every time I wake up - sore/numb wrists and fingers. weird.
-I've learned that I have a sciatic nerve and I don't want to annoy it.
-While cooking in the kitchen (on the rare days this still happens), is it worth it to bend over (or squat down) and pick up the bits of food I drop? The answer is a definite "no, not worth it."
-Hello stretch marks! In regard to stretch marks, I've been surprised to realize that they don't bother me. Maybe this will change 3 months from now when I'm not experiencing constant back pain and I remember to care about superficial things...
-And finally, the comment that will embarrass my husband - I was horrified when I first heard about bowel movements during labor. Now I think "I hope I get it all out, so I don't have to go again for at least a few days!"
-I had a few more comments, but they were edited out by Rob. He tried to edit the last comment out as well, but I overruled him.

One thing has not changed - I still question if there's REALLY a baby inside me. I mean, I haven't seen this so-called baby. And - it's mind-blowing to me that my body could make a little human life! Something is moving in there, but could it just be the tacos I ate last night?

For your enjoyment, here are some comments made by my doctor at my visit 2 weeks ago:
"Wow - based on your size, you could be carrying twins."
"You must be in a lot of pain. Your body frame wasn't made to carry that much baby."
"You should expect the pain to keep getting worse."
"I hope the baby comes early, for your sake." (side note: he didn't come early)
"Well, at least you have big hips." (I have never been so thankful for my big hips)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...