Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lowlight of My Week (by Rob)


No, it's not the sleep deprivation caused by Cosi and Trey taking turns being up at night.
No, it's not seeing my daughter get angry at her new brother for stealing Daddy time from her.
No, it's not seeing my wife still struggling to sit up or walk across the room.
No, it's not the piles of poopy diapers outside my door.
No, it's not missing another holiday with my family or even remembering my late mom's birthday.

The low-light of my week was realizing that Mr Potato Head's mustache can also be used to give him eyebrows. Why did this upset me? For two reasons:
1) Why did it take me THIRTY-FOUR YEARS to realize that?
2) Throughout my entire childhood, I missed out on this potato head permutation.

So I guess this week has been OK. Pretty tiring, but much to be thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. don't feel too bad..I didn't have a clue about that either until just now..when i read this blog...!!!!!!
    :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Wait till I tell Spencer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, you should start feeling good about that, maybe you are the first person ever to figure that out. Regardless, I love reading your blog. Audra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously considering waking sienna up so I can get in her closet and check if you're telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at the upside: you avoided having a mr. potato head with a unibrow for 34 years.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...