Another new year = Fireworks aplenty. Today was the fifth day of the Chinese New Year, the day on which we welcome the arrival of the money god. Apparently, the money god likes a lot of noise. Perhaps he is nocturnal- because the fireworks went all night. Even now, 24 hours later, I still hear fireworks every other minute. I get pretty cynical about the money god, because even though most people here would say it's only a tradition, superstition, nothing they really believe, the god of most people in this city really is money. Can I be both judgmental and tempted at the same time?
Anyway, it's nice to be back in our apartment after a few weeks away. Our lease expires in 3 weeks, though, and we've decided not to renew. It's time to downsize. One year ago, we really did need a place this size, but things have changed over the past 12 months, and we're looking for something smaller and cheaper. It'll be sad to not have a kitchen that both April and I can fit in at the same time, but who knows- maybe there's another one out there somewhere :)
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...