Saturday, December 15, 2012

Late, but still thankful (our home)

I kept meaning to write about being thankful during the month of November. Here I am - only one month late, not bad! Today I will share with you a few pictures of our home.  We are very thankful for our home.  


Here's a picture of the living room, which has mainly functioned as a play room. You'll notice the lack of couches.  After 4 months without couches, we saved up enough $$$ to buy a couch and a loveseat.  These pics were taken before, so just picture the addition of 2 couches.














Rob is working hard at our table. I was probably looking at facebook. Speaking of which, I'm thankful for facebook!  It's a great way to keep in touch with people, especially if you live far away.  It's fun to look at for one minute or more than one minute.  And- I like the birthday messages.
 













It's official- the Edenfields own a piece of pottery barn furniture.  So, it was given to us for free, but it's ours!  I have never actually entered a pottery barn store, but I hear it's awesome.













Perhaps even better than pottery barn = our 2nd kitchen!  The kids love playing with this and we can thank the Nolls for passing it down to us :) 














This is Trey's favorite toy. I bought it at a yard sale.  He grills cookies everyday.  Sometimes he even sprinkles them with mustard or ketchup.




















Here's a pic with a view of our front door and kitchen.  You might also notice our baby gate, which was our best purchase ever. It keeps the kids out of the kitchen, but I can still keep an eye on them through the door or cut out section of the wall. They're often crying/whining at the gate, so I don't have to look far.













Here's a close up of the baby gate and a glimpse into our kitchen.  Our landlord apologized for the small kitchen and I just laughed. It's the biggest kitchen I've used since we got married. Chinese homes are not known for having large kitchens.





















Here's a better pic of the kitchen.  Look at my spider plant. It's still alive, which is more than I can say for the $25 worth of fresh herbs that I tried to grow.  













Now we jump to the day after Thanksgiving. We did a 5k on Thanksgiving, so we hosted a meal on Black Friday. We had already started to dish out the food when Rob decided to take a few pictures. On the menu  was a maple roasted turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, candied carrots, balsamic asparagus, maple bacon brussel sprouts (my favorite!), flax/wheat bread, roasted potatoes, etc.
 













I bought my plates at a yard sale.  The whole set was only $15.  They're square shaped and a variety of colors.  I love them.













If  I ever clean my house, I'll take pictures of the bedrooms.  But don't hold your breath- that will probably never happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...