Trey broke out of childcare last week.
We were at our final Campus Crusade for Christ conference. It was designed to help us with re-entry to the USA, which I think we're doing okay with (thankfully).
Trey was in the nursery during our meetings. Cosi was in the preschool class. Going into the conference, I was actually worried about our independent Cosi deciding to walk out of her class and jump into the pool. She thinks she can swim, but she can't yet. We've already saved her from drowning THREE times.
I should have been worried about our one-year-old.
Somehow, in the midst of parents arriving to pick up their babies, Trey walked through their legs and out the door. The hotel/nursery door did not open to a hallway, but instead it opened to an outdoor sidewalk that was situated next to the parking lot (scary!) Trey proceeded to wander around on the sidewalk for a bit, before being noticed by a couple that was staying at the hotel. Thankfully this couple recognized that one-year-olds should not be outside by themselves and they brought Trey back to the nursery.
I arrived at the nursery 5 minutes later to pick Trey up. At that point, nothing was said to me about the incident.
Later that afternoon, the nursery worker called us and told us that she needed to tell us something "serious" that happened. After she relayed the story (with tears), Rob and I ended up reassuring her that we weren't angry with her and we really weren't. Accidents happen, but thankfully God protected Trey and gave him a little adventure.
Now, you might be impressed by my calm response, but if I had arrived 5 minutes earlier and found my baby wandering outside, well, I probably would have freaked out. I strive to be honest, even in blogging.
And, we actually left Trey in the nursery again the next day. My rationale = Trey will never be so safe in a nursery as he was the day after the "incident."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...