Thursday, February 23, 2012

Uhh... this post is actually finished now :)

I just went on our blog and saw this post (in it's unfinished state). I had stopped typing midway through, probably because I needed to chase down a kid or something. Guess I accidentally posted it? Oh well. I was going to try for a series of posts (remembering last year at this time) around Trey's first birthday, but I'll just finish this post up now. I'm not organized enough for a series yet...

In the final days before Trey's birth, I went on a spending spree.

I'm normally somewhat frugal, but I started spending crazy lots of money, mostly on food. Well, it's not like a 9 month prego woman was going to spend money on clothes, right?

Anyhow, I stopped cooking. We started ordering American pizza for dinner 3x a week (Rob thought this was great). I took trips to the imported American food store after my weekly doctor visit. I'd tell myself, "Buy whatever you want. You're about to do something incredible and you deserve it." I might have also had the passing thought of "what if I die during childbirth, might as well 'eat up' now?"

All those thoughts combined led to me spending $15 on a small box of imported toaster strudels. I think they were fake strawberry & fake cream cheese flavored. I told Cosi she was going to love them. She didn't. I didn't mind, it just meant more flaky, strawberry-y, cream cheesy goodness for me. But, the store also sold gelato ice cream cones for $1 each. Cosi loved those. Sadly, Rob's egg allergy kept him away from both of those treats. Or - maybe not so sad, because it just meant more for me.

It's okay. Don't feel bad for him. We gorged ourselves on egg-free treats as well.

I remember deliberating about: what do I want my last meal to be? You know, the last dinner before the baby comes (as if things like that can be predicted).

I think it ended up being fruit and dark chocolate, which was possibly the worst thing for me. Trey was already BIG. I was supposed to stay away from sugar - both natural and processed (in an attempt to keep his weight down). I tried to stay away from it during most of the pregnancy, but what's a pity party without sweets? And, what overdue pregnant woman isn't throwing a pity party?

Now, this post leads into my next post (yet to be written) - I will name it 'One of the best things about adding a baby/kid to your family' and it has a lot to do with other people bringing you meals...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...