Well, parenting is an adventure! Here are some moments that I am less proud of, but still able to learn from or at least laugh at...
-While I (April) was out & about with Cosi, I needed to use the restroom. (big surprise) As I was leading Cosi into the stall, she immediately shoved her hand into the toilet water! Thankfully, the toilet looked mostly clean and I hadn't used it yet.
-As I (April) was walking Cosi around the hallways during a church service in the US, I saw her grab something small and shove it into her mouth. (This happens all the time) I quickly made her open her mouth and found a tack (that's right - sharp pin, plastic top)! If she had swallowed that, yikes...
-Continuing with the mouth relates stories, because there are many - Since being in East Asia, Cosi has managed to shove all of the following into her mouth, even if only for a brief second = cigarette butts, dirty/used meat sticks, used & spit out on the ground sunflower seed shells, sandbox sand (that is highly reputed to contain both cat & child urine)...
-As I (April, again) tried to get Cosi a snack in the kitchen, I heard her yell "Bye." I walk out to see her in the communal hallway of our apartment building. She had unlocked our apartment door and was on her way outside.
-As I (guess who, you're probably right) walked out of the bathroom after using it for a mere 30 seconds, I found Cosi in the living room with a Q-tip shoved in her ear. I'm not sure how far in her ear it was. I have no idea how she knew to put it in her ear - she hasn't seen us do that. I have no idea where the dirt covered Q-tip came from, but she was crying. I calmed her down, threw away the Q-tip and decided that since she stopped crying pretty quickly, no permanent damage was done to her ear.
For some reason, Rob doesn't have any of these stories yet. Is he holding out on us? Or - is it due to the fact that he is able to carry Cosi a lot more than I am? (which keeps her farther away from the various treasures to be found on the floor, grass, sidewalk, road... )
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha. Love this post. I caught G taking a bite out of stale bread covered in coffee grounds pulled from THE TRASHCAN yesterday. I was selfishly more worried about him forgoing his nap due to caffeine overload than any health effects on him. And he had a cigarette butt bound for his mouth at the park the other day like Cosi! If it doesn't kill 'em, it only makes 'em stronger, right?
ReplyDeleteApril, I love love love your little girl Cosi, what a sweetie and adventuresome little girl. And I love your attitude even tho you're probably a little stressed, you seem to be taking everything in stride and can laugh about it, that is a perfect attitude for parenting! keep it up :)
ReplyDeleteOne time at zhongshan mall, we were waiting for the elevator and winston (age 3) took a piece of gum off the trashcan and put it in his mouth and started chewing. I gasped! he said "oh mom, i thought it was yours!" :)
Parenting is not for the faint of heart, eh? I can relate to a couple of these....We were outside pretty soon after Spencer started walking and he had something blue half in his mouth and it was a SHINGLE TACK!!! And he used to like to play around in the dishwasher and once he was playing w/ a table knife and a glass jar. Next thing I know, I look down and he has something in his mouth....a SHARD OF GLASS...the bottom had broken out of the jar. Oh my goodness....my mom always says "the Lord takes care of fools and little children". Yes. On another note, he looked at a baby the other week and exclaimed to her mother, "Boogers?" Nice. (on the other hand, I can't help my kid telling the truth about someone else's snotty nose. :-)
ReplyDelete