It's been a while since we posted here- it's just been a very busy few weeks. So tonight it was nice to be able to relax, catch up on some e-mails, and make tortillas.
When I first moved to East Asia, I had pretty much resigned myself to living without some of my favorite foods, or else spending exorbitant amounts of money to get them ($12 for a box of Capt'n Crunch, anyone?). My wife, however, doesn't give up so easily.
So in the past year, we have (for example) made our own sour cream, egg-free pancakes, Auntie Anne's pretzels, homemade bagels, granola, and Catalina salad dressing. We've even pitted our own olives. And now we make our own flour tortillas. It's a lot of work, but if you've had April's chicken fajitas, you'd understand why I think it's worth it to spend a few hours mixing, rolling, frying, and cleaning.
It's a little exciting to imagine what hard to find culinary treasures we may add to our list in the coming year. English muffins? Doughnuts? Granola Bars?
I do know for sure what's next on my list- homemade pierogies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...