Wednesday, April 14, 2010

wash with like colors only...

Every now and then, as we go about our daily life here, we run into something that highlights just how different this country is from the U.S.

We bought some new laundry detergent this week, and as I (Rob) was reading the directions to figure out how much to use per load I noticed that the instructions weren't making a whole lot of sense. And then I realized- I was reading the hand washing instructions. Most laundry detergents have instructions both for hand washing and for machine washing. Many people still don't have washing machines, an item I never used to consider a luxury. Now imagine how we try to explain to our friends here what a clothes dryer is...

2 comments:

  1. As the weather warms up here, I am missing hanging my clothes out the window! There's something refreshing about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True- but we have hardly seen the sun in two weeks!
    By the way- we thought of you guys on Monday night- BLUE FROG!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments! Please remember not to mention the city/country we live in or the company we work for...